Saturday 28 January 2012

Review: Skin Wisdom Facemask

Today I am going to do a review of the Skin Wisdom Instant Benefits; Peel off face mask. Now there is a story behind this Tesco face mask. Me and my boyfriend didnt fancy going out on friday night because it was freezing and we had made a nice meal so figured a night in would be cute. This idea soon spiralled into a complete pamper session (his idea more than mine) so after buffing his nails, we wandered to the little Tesco around the corner and found these beauties for 99p. Now normally I get the fruit smoothie ones (you know which ones I mean, the cheap ones that seem kinda foreign) from Boots or Superdrug but after using them over christmas I had ran out.
Now the packaging promises the mask to be 'Skin smoothing and Brightening' so I was excited to see the results. After applying the entire packet, there was a lot but it was needed for it to peel off, we sat for about 30 minutes (recommended 20-25 minutes) to make sure the mask had truly set hard. And trust me it had. Grabbing the product from under my chin, I pulled it upwards and suprisingly it came off easier than expected. I had managed to get a little in my eyebrows and hairline, and this was very problematic as it waxed my eyebrow and was still stuck to my baby hairs the next day. I would just suggest being a little more carefull than me. But once it was all off, my skin did feel fresher and very smooth. The boyfriend also agreed and said he had a lot of fun pulling, what felt like his skin, off. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives for me, and it only cost 99p! Bargain!

Positives
  • Smelt amazing
  • Left my skin very smooth and refreshed
  • Low Price
  • Easy to remove
  • No stinging
Negatives
  • Scent is not identified which is slightly annoying because it just smelt sooo good!
  • Product is clear, so hard to see where it has been applied
  • Extremely sticky to get out of the sachet
So despite these few little points, I would definitely use it again and recomend it.

B xo

2 comments:

  1. I have this on my face and googled to see why it is burning... doesn't seem right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, I've just experienced the same, applied this mask and within second, its starting feeling like it was burning, went upstairs and washed it straight off, wasn't waiting for the peel off of that! Now my face is slightly red. Never had this with any other facemask, I'm just annoyed I bought 5 of them!

    ReplyDelete