Tuesday 28 February 2012

Match made in heaven?

Like most women, I am a HUGE fan of all things glittery, girly and for your nails! My collection of nail varnishes is starting to get a little out of control. But I cannot say no to a beautifull, shiny, new bottle!
My most recent purchase is the Topshop silver glitter polish named 'Ice Crush'
Please excuse the slightly dodgy photos, as I am still trying to find good lighting etc. 
Now my sister recently bought the pinkier glitter shade 'Adreneline' and when I returned to buy the same it had gone, and in its place was the silver version. And I just knew I had to have this too! It retails for around £6 and can be found in most Topshops. The nail varnish consists of tiny glitter pieces mixed with larger sequin like specs. It applies nicely and I have made it last about 10 days before it began to peel (yes peel!) right off! My only dissapointment with 'Ice Crush' is its thickness. 'Adreneline' only needed one coat to look like party nails but this needs two or three. I suppose its the varnish itself, as 'Adrenline' is in a rosy coloured 'gel' opposed to the clear that this glitter sits in. 
Other than that tiny point it is my new love! And it compliments my next love sooo well....
Models Own 'Utopia' this lilac, almost white, varnish is stunning! It can be found in Boots for £5. I actually paid for this with my many boots advantagecard points so felt I got a freebe! With two coats the varnish is matt enough without becoming tacky to the touch. I have always been a huge fan of Models Own nail varnishes as they are well worth their price tag! I think Utopia is perfect for summer and cannot wait to wear it again. I forgot to photograph the two combined on my nails but believe me... it looked sooo pretty!

I think they compliment each other so well. And will definitely be gracing my toes and fingers more often than not!

Much Love
B
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment