Tuesday 28 February 2012

Review: Topshop Cheek Highlighter

Hey Guys,
So today I want to talk to you about a product which I love but then kinda don't like at the same time. Its Topshops Multi-Purpose Highlighting Stick.
The packaging says 'Highlight cheeks, lips and body with this multi purpose stick'.
Now I bought this in the shade 'Prism' (not sure what that means in relation to the product colour) but I remember there being one or two other choices of colour and this swatched the best.

The colour cannot be faulted it is a beautiful cheek highlight but this leads me onto the reason I don't really like it...It is very shiny! I feel like I apply this to my cheek bones in the morning and once I am out I catch a glimpse of myself and can see exactly where it has been applied! It cannot be buffed in either. It is very unforgiving. Once it is on the skin it stays put! Now if I am going out for the night, and know photos will be taken, it is perfect as a brow highlight but just not for the cheeks! My second BIG PROBLEM is the packaging! Why put a beauty product in a Matt white tube??!! Within a second of owning this it became brown and make up stained. (I wiped before the photos)
I think it was £10 and then I got student discount so it became £9, so it isn't a high end product that will break the bank at all and in all honesty if this tube ever runs out (which it wont anytime soon) I would consider buying it again. 
I have always lusted after Benefits Watts Up but it is double the price of the Topshop one which is, in fact, a very good dupe. For the price, I do feel like I have got myself a bargain, it is fragrance free and very smooth and easy to apply. So no complaints there. But every time I use it I just get this nagging feeling that my cheeks will be reflecting the light way too much!

I think my final verdict would be to try this product for yourself! It may depend on skin tone and personal preference but for now I will try to decide whether my cheek bones really need this much highlight.

Much Love
B
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment